Life is a full spectrum experience.
All of us who work with injury or asymmetries in our body know that yoga gives us stability, confidence and perseverance. At the same time, we may feel limited, confused or unsure of how to practice when in pain.
Enter Heal, a six-week class designed for you to gently explore and come to know your limits in a supported environment. This therapeutic series will give you the tools to cater your yoga practice to your unique body and feel your best, no matter what the day brings.
Consider signing up if you:
- Are working with an acute or chronic injury.
- Need core awareness and strengthening but struggle with pain or weakness in more traditional core classes
- Have hyperextension/hypermobility, or the flip side — you feel too tight all over!
- Would like to learn about pose modification and prop use strategies to help you participate more fully in a flow class.
- Are a Yoga Teacher who may be interested in adding Therapeutic Yoga elements to your classes.
- Are an athlete looking to use yoga to balance out your sport.
Taught by Autumn Bonner, E-RTY. Autumn is passionate about helping people with injury practice yoga safely – finding confidence, stability and joy from within. She has taught yoga since 2008, is currently in clinical rotations for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at UW-Madison, and working toward her Professional Yoga Therapy certification.
Upper body focus: Neck, jaw, shoulders, mid spine, wrist, elbows, hand
January 21st – February 25th, 2016 (6 consecutive weeks)
The Studio Downtown (625 Williamson Street) in our Lakeside Studio
Members – $90 early bird, $105 thereafter
Non-Members – $105 early bird, $120 thereafter
Early bird deadline January 7th.
*Cancellations that occur more than 14 days from program date will be charged a $20 cancellation/administrative fee. Cancellations less than 14 days of program date will receive a 50% refund – any cancellations within 48 hours or less of program date will not be refunded.